** Special Offer – Langrig (sleeps 6) – weeks beginning 24th May and 31st May 2015 now £695.00 **
Welcome to Eildon Holiday Cottages in the Scottish Borders
The cottages are situated in a beautiful location just outside Melrose whose lovely high street is less than half a mile away with lots of interesting independant shops, cafes and restaurants. There are magnificent views over the Tweed Valley and surrounding countryside.
The cottages are bright, warm, comfortable, very well equipped and the adaptations we have made for disabled and less able visitors are subtle and unobtrusive.
Abbotsford, the home of the famous novelist, Sir Walter Scott, lies within four miles and in the area there is much of interest for naturalists, historians, gardeners, architectural enthusiasts and sportsmen and women.
The wonderful Scottish Borders countryside is unspoilt and relatively unknown. It is a land of great historical interest and breathtaking beauty. Edinburgh is an easy drive to the north and the marvellous east coastline, with Holy Island and the great castles of Northumberland, is only an hour away. There is lots to see and do with a constant schedule of events.
We have provided a setting for all members of the family to holiday together. Full week (or more!) stays, short breaks and weekend breaks are all available, and all our cottages are dog-friendly too. We have a total of 28 beds in six cottages and welcome Groups of all kinds from golf parties, fishing parties, wedding parties, walking and cycling groups and many others. We hope you will agree with the judges and greatly enjoy your holiday with us.
- Winner of the Holiday Care Service award for the best self-catering accommodation in Britain for disabled people
- Winner of the Tourism for All award for the best facilities for disabled people in Scotland
- Scottish Tourist Board (VisitScotland) 4 star and 3 star accreditation
- Category 1 rated for unassisted wheelchair access (5 cottages)
- Special mention in National Civic Trust awards
- Central Borders’ Civic Trust Special Award for excellence